Apple recently released iOS 9.2 with bug fixes and improvements. One new cool feature added for all i-Devices is that now you can import your favorite photos and videos directly from USB source without any issues. As Apple want to update all the devices to latest iOS 9.2 some might want to stay on iOS 9.1 but accidentally updated to iOS 9.2 and want to revert back. If you want to downgrade from iOS 9.2 to iOS 9.1 then you are in right place.
Some might even want to stay on iOS 9.1 as there are chances for the jailbreak for iOS 9.1 will be released soon.If you want to downgrade from iOS 9.2 to iOS 9.1 then you are in right place. The good part is that you can downgrade your iPhone or iPad from iOS 9.2 to iOS 9.1 without any issues as Apple is still signing the iOS 9.1 ipsw firmware so if you want to downgrade then do it asap as no one know when will Apple stops signing the iOS 9.1 firmware file. Let’s have a look at our guide on How to Downgrade from iOS 9.2 to iOS 9.1 on your iPhone/iPad.
Downgrade from iOS 9.2 to iOS 9.1 on your iPhone/iPad
Downgrading your iPhone or iPad from iOS 9.2 to iOS 9.1 is pretty easy and straight forward. All you need is a working iPhone or iPad which is running iOS 9.2, an updated version of iTunes on your computer and iOS 9.1 iPSW file or iOS 9.1 backup on your computer. So let’s dive into steps to downgrade any i-Device from iOS 9.2 to iOS 9.1.
- As we mentioned above that you need an iOS 9.1 iPSW firmware file or iTunes backup on your computer. Assuming that you didn’t have a backup on your computer download iOS 9.1 iPSW files from here. Please pay attention while choosing your device as using a wrong iPSW file may make your device useless.
- We advice you to backup your device with iTunes so that you are on the safe side all the times.
- Next Connect your iPhone or iPad with the lighting cable to the computer and Open iTunes on your computer. iTunes will detect your iPhone or iPad.
- Select your device, Now if you are a Windows users then Hold Shift + Click on Restore iPhone button and if you are a Mac user then Hold Option + Click on Restore iPhone button
- Now you need to select the iOS 9.1 ipsw file which you have downloaded earlier.
- After selecting the iPSW file, you don’t need to do anything as iTunes will take care of the entire process of downgrading your device from iOS 9.2 to iOS 9.1 and it will take few minutes for the process to complete.
After the completion of the procedure, you can set it as a new device or restore from the previous backup. Hurray !! Now you are on iOS 9.1. We advice you to don’t downgrade from iOS 9.2 s it have performance enhancements and bug fixes and it’s up to you to Downgrade from iOS 9.2 to iOS 9.1. If you have nay queries do lets us know via comments so that we can help you out of the issue. Do share the article and help us grow. Downgrade from iOS 9.2 to iOS 9.1. If you have nay queries do lets us know via comments so that we can help you out of the issue. Do share the article and help us grow.