We are using a number of software’s and software related products in our daily life. We face a number of problems while using them and somehow we manage to came across them. Apple although tries to release products which are better than their competitors but they aren’t an exception for errors and hiccups caused while using them, iTunes is having lots of errors nowadays. Many people are unaware of the fact that iTunes can also be used to Upgrade to latest iOS firmware or restore the previous backup rather than just syncing media and stuff onto your iPhone’s and iPad’s.
Many people came across the iTunes Error 3194 while trying to update or restore your i-Device which is a rare phenomenon. I bet you might be freaking out to find a working solution to Fix iTunes Error 3194 While Restoring or Updating iOS firmware. Although Apple has official documentation which meant to help the users to fix the issue, but it isn’t doing much help which made us write this tutorial.
I am also a victim to the 3194 iTunes error when I tried to update my device to iOS 9.0.1 recently. I literally freaked out and went on a searching spree to fix the issue and noticed that many people are facing the issue. Although there are some working guides on the internet but most of them are outdated. So we thought of writing a detailed guide on “How Fix iTunes Error 3194 While Restoring or Updating iOS firmware” with working ways which we will keep updated frequently.
Recently we published a guide to fix iTunes Error without much hassle. Apple always restricts it’s users from downgrading to old iOS versions so that they stay on latest iOS version which offers more features and flexibility for users with a minimum amount of bugs which will be fixed with future updates. If you are searching for a simple guide to fixing iTunes Error 3194 then you are in right place. So let’s dive into our guide.
Common Reasons for iTunes Error 3194
- We found that Antivirus is the most common reason for the iTunes Error 3194 on your Mac or PC. You can disable the current antivirus on your system and try updating or restoring iOS firmware on your iPhone or iPad or iPod touch.
- Do check whether firewall on your system is blocking iTunes or not. If it is blocking then unblock iTunes from the firewall.
- If you are regular VPN user or using it in your college or Dorm room then it might be also a cause. As iTunes is having trouble getting validation info to validate the package from official server.
- You might have edited the hosts file which is causing the issue which can be fixed easily.
- Outdated version of iTunes on your computer or Mac is also a reason.
Make sure that you are on the latest version of iTunes on your computer. You can update iTunes easily on your computer or Mac.
Fix iTunes Error 3194, iPhone cannot be restored or updated (Windows or Mac)
We have listed the most common problems which cause the iTunes 3194 Error on your windows or Mac machine. We researched and found some working solutions to fix the issue. Before posting them here, we tried them ourselves to confirm that they are working without any flaws. You can try them without any doubts and they will surely help you fix iTunes Error 3194.
#1.Fix iTunes Error 3194 – Method 1
This method will help you fix iTunes 3194 Error once and for all. In common reasons, we mentioned that “Hosts” file may be causing the issue and in this method you are going to edit to fix it. As the computer is having a hard time to enable connection to the validation server. So let’s see how its done.
- Login to Admin account on your Windows or Mac machine.
- Close all running programs on your computer which includes iTunes too.
- Now we need to locate Hosts file on your computer. We are providing the Hosts file location info for respective machines.
- Now open the file to edit in Notepad or any other respective programs.
- Next search for “188.8.131.52 gs.apple.com” and remove it.
- Save the file and exit.
- Fire up iTunes on your computer and try to update or downgrade iOS firmware and You won’t face iTunes 3194 Error.
In case if this method didn’t help you to Fix iTunes Error 3194 then you can try the below-mentioned method which also solved the same issue.
#2.Fix iTunes Error 3194 – Method 2
As you tried the above method to fix iTunes 3194 error and as you are having a hard time with the above method, you can try the below one. In this method, we are going to use a third party software named Tiny Umbrella which will help your restore your iPhone or iPad.
- Before jumping into procedure make sure that Tiny Umbrella and your iOS are compatible.
- Quit all programs on your computer or Mac including iTunes.
- Next download Tiny Umbrella for windows or Mac.
- Next Run it as Administrator and Select your iPhone/iPad type.
- Navigate to Advance >> Untick “Set hosts to Cydia on exit“
- Next apply the changes.
That’s it you have successfully fixed “iTunes Error 3194” on your Windows or Mac device. If you are still facing the issues then you can comment below so that we can help you out. Do share the guide with your friends to solve their errors as well.