Did you ever stuck in recovery mode loop on your iPhone which keeps on restarting your phone into recovery mode. Whenever you face the issue you might search for a solution or even take it to Apple care so that the issue gets fixed. We also observed that the issue is pretty common on old iPhones like iPhone 4S, iPhone 5 etc it is because they can’t be upgraded to latest iOS 9 due to hardware limitations and some of our readers already requested to post a tutorial on How to fix iPhone 4S stuck in Recovery mode loop or Fix iPhone Stuck on connect to iTunes screen. No matter which screen you are getting whether it is Recovery Mode or Connect to iTunes whatever the problem is you can fix it easily.
So if you have a device which is lying dead somewhere in the attic which don’t turn on as you are getting recovery mode whenever you try to turn it on, then you can revive it from death easily. You might have tried each and every solution you have stumbled upon and still struggling to find a solution then this guide is especially for you. So you can try this guide on old iPhone 4S or latest iPhone 6S you can fix iPhone stuck in recovery mode loop.
Reasons for iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode Loop
When you face this issue then I bet that you also thought of knowing the cause which is causing the issue. There might be many reasons which might be causing the recovery mode loop but we tried to list some of the most popular causes for the issue.
- Older Version of iTunes on your computer.
- Downgrading to unsupported iOS version.
- Restoring wrong Firmware.
- and many more.
We have figured out what’s the root cause of iPhone keeps restarting into recovery mode loop now let’s try to fix it up.
Fix iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode Loop on iOS 8 & iOS 9
As I mentioned above that you guys requested for a guide and I also faced the same issue on my year old iPhone 5S recently. I searched the forums like a mad man to fix my device and ended up in nothing but found some posts which helped me to fix the issues. There are several ways to fix the issue and I listed down some of the most used solutions to fix iPhone 5S stuck in recovery mode loop.
- Try DFU Mode
The above are the most used solutions to fix the issue, lets see how they are used to solve the issue.
#1.Try DFU Mode to Fix iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode Loop
You might have heard about DFU mode when your device stuck in recovery mode while upgrading your device to latest iOS firmware. This is the first method which one should follow to fix the error on their iPhones.
- Turn Off your device completely.
- Now turn on your device by holding “Power + Home” for 3 seconds.
- Next hold Power + home button for 15 seconds without leaving them.
- Release Power button holding the Home button.
- Your device will be in DFU Mode.
Now you can restore or upgrade iOS firmware using iTunes. If it doesn’t help you then you can check remaining solutions to fix iPhone Stuck in recovery mode loop.
#2.Use RecBoot to Fix iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode Loop
RecBoot or BootRec is a which is designed to solve this particular issue. It is available for both Windows and Mac so you can use it on any computer you are using. You can use the tool but if you don’t how don’t worry we are here to guide to through the process.
Use BootRec to exit Recovery Mode on iPhone :
- First you need to down RecBoot for Windows or Recboot for Mac and Install it.
- After successful installation, start the application and also connect your iPhone using the lightning cable.
- It will take a while for your computer to recognize your device and you will get Enter & Exit Recovery Mode buttons.
- Click on “Exit Recovery Mode” which will kick your iPhone out of recovery mode.
Now your device will function normally and you won’t face the recovery mode loop issue. If you are still facing the iPhone Stuck in recovery mode issue do try next solution.
#3.Use TinyUmbrella to Fix iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode Loop
If you tried BootRec and still facing the issue then you can try TinyUmbrella which is a life saver for many. TinyUmbrella can do many things like restoring backups without iTunes and a ton of other features which made it a most loved software for jailbreak community.
Use TinyUmbrella to Fix iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode :
- Make sure that you have latest version of Java JDK installed on your computer.
- Now you can download TinyUmbrella for Mac or TinyUmbrella for Windows.
- After downloading the piece of software, Unzip it and run the program.
- It will download necessary libraries during startup.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer.
- Now under Recovery Device tab, Click on the number which is your device.
- You can click on “Exit Recovery“.
That’s it you can get your device out of recovery mode by following our guide on How to Fix iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode Loop. If you have any queries do let us know via comments so that we can get back to you. Do keep checking our Best Cydia Sources blog for more tutorials.